What’s special about these Brownies?
When only something chocolatey will do, these Brownies are just what you need. Bake a batch and sit back and relax! Nuts , like seeds are full of nutrients and healthy, good fat, but don’t eat too many! Small handfuls as snacks are fine! Raisins are great to chew on and are high in heart-protecting potassium!
Ingredients Serves 6-8
225 g granulated sugar
85 g self raising flour
2 tbsp creamy milk
115 g butter melted
½ teaspoon salt
43 g cocoa
(Chopped nuts, raisins and flavourings
of your choice optional)
- Stir together sugar, cocoa, flour and salt.
- Beat eggs and milk. Add to the dry mixture with the melted butter.
- Stir in extras (if being added)
- Pour into a greased and lined rectangular tin (about 20 x 30cm).
- Bake for 25 -30 minutes at 180C.
- Cool and cut into squares.
Alternatives to gluten, dairy, egg and sugar:
Date syrup or honey to taste
GF self raising flour
Soya milk, soya cream or rice milk
Dairy free Sunflower spread or Dairy free soya spread
Egg alternative ideas:
1 tbsp ground flaxseed soaked in 3 tbsp water or ¼ cup pureed fruit (per egg)